directory-api mailing list archives

From Arvind N <Arvin...@citrix.com>
Subject Using LDAPConnection class...
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 13:21:08 GMT
Hi,
   Just downloaded the ldap client api version 0.1 and wrote sample program to
connect to a Active Directory seem to hit a weird problem.
The tutorial does not provide much info so thought of checking in the list.
Do let me know if I have got the wrong list.

The piece that is failing is

			LdapConnection connection = new LdapConnection(svrIP, new Integer(svrPort));
			BindRequest request = new BindRequest();
			request.setCredentials(password);
			request.setName("cn=Arvind N");
			BindResponse resp = connection.bind(request);
			LdapResult result = resp.getLdapResult();
			System.out.println("the error message is " + result.getErrorMessage());

For this I always get an error message
** the error message is 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error,
data 525, vece **
Googled quite a bit to not avail and to dig deeper hit ethereal.
Noticed that in the LDAP protocol extract, the bind request had something like this
DN: cn=Arvind N
..

To cross verify if I had done anything wrong...

I downloaded a java based LDAP browser JXplorer and provided the same input of
User DN of "Arvind N" and the same credentials and it logged in just fine
In this login ethereal trace noticed the below difference... and this seems to work always...

DN: Arvind N

Other then the above difference I did not notice any other difference in the LDAP packet
between JXplorer(Which logged in just fine) and Apache LDAP Client API( failed to login)....

Do let me know how can I make Apache LDAP client API to send DN: as plain DN: Arvind N,
which I think should make the thing work just fine...

If needed I could share both the .java files...

Thanks
Arvind