directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using LDAPConnection class...
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:24:09 GMT
  On 9/6/10 4:02 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> AD accepts either
> - the full DN, that looks typically like "cn=Arvind
> N,cn=Users,dc=MyDomain,dc=com"
> - or the samAccountName and the domain in format "Arvind N@DOMAIN"
>
> @Emmanuel, Kiran:
> JXplorer makes the same as Apache Directory Studio: It uses JNDI and
> JNDI accepts a non-DN as principal. I think we should allow the same
> for the new API. WDYT?
I wonder if the LDAP API screams if you use "Arvind N@DOMAIN" as a
principal. Blind guess : we expect a DN, and we throw an excpetion if
it's not. We can fix that.

In any case, there is no chance that what Arvin used can work, as it's
nor a valid DN  (ie a full DN), nor a samAccountName. I guess that
JExplorer is guessing about the root context to use (ie, it adds
cn=Users, ... to the given DN).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,