directory-api mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some thoughts I had under my shower this morning...
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:32:41 GMT
> So we will have some potential issues with the LDAP API : as we now have a
> schema Aware, we have to load the schema into a SchemaManager. Right now,
> all the schema is stored into a subproject (shared/ldap-schema) as LDIF
> files. When we try to initialize the schemaManager, we first extract the
> LDIF to the disk.
>
> This is *very* bad ! When one will try to embed the API (in tomcat for
> instance), one will face serious issues as the file system might not be
> writable.

I think that is more worse when one wants to use the API as a client.
IMO the usage of the API must be lightweight. If I startup my program
to just do a search I probably don't want that a schema is loaded at
all, because it is just too heavy. Can we have a DummySchemaManager
implementation, that just does no validation and normalization?

Kind Regards,
Stefan