directory-api mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject removing unused methods from DN class
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:04:47 GMT
hello guys,

        When I was working on making DN immutable have come across
some of the methods which are not used anywhere in the server code

1. DN addAll( int posn, Name name ) - except at two places in DNTest
class, which we can remove
2. DN add( int pos, RDN newRdn ) - there is another method to add RDN
3. DN addNormalized( RDN newRdn ) - this functionality is already
present in another method add(RDN)

and the serialization functions
1. void readExternal( ObjectInput in )
2. void writeExternal( ObjectOutput out )

this serialization functionality has been moved to DnSerializer class

I propose that we get rid of these methods, thoughts?

Kiran Ayyagari