directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts I had under my shower this morning...
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 22:39:16 GMT
  On 8/5/10 8:31 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> we do have a workaround/fix for this (by setting a special VM option
>> specifying the location of the
>> schema directory or the jar file in which schema files are present)
>>

> This workaround IMHO is sufficient for embedding into containers. I would
> not alter the whole server schema loading behavior just for this very
> special case.
>
> Alex

IMO, this is barely acceptable for API 0.2, but has to be fixed for 0.3.
There is no reason to extract to disk when all the ldifs are available
in a jar, as it's just a matter of loading them in memory.

It should be a 2 hours work to get the code read the jar and load the
schema in memory...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,