directory-api mailing list archives

From Matthew Swift <Matthew.Sw...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Handling M$ specification violations
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:04:55 GMT
I think so - I realize that our OpenDS SDK needs to cope with this as
well :-(

It makes me wonder what else could be violated? Should we permit non-DNs
for all operations? E.g. modifying the entry "joe.bloggs@example.com"?
It seems a bit inconsistent to be lax in only one part of the protocol
but not others. ;-)

My preference is to encourage conformance where possible. What other
known violations are there other than the bind DN?

Matt