directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's start for real ?
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:18:57 GMT
> Anyway, we can cross this bridge when we come to it. I don't think that it's
> a priority now.

Absolutely.

In fact, to be frank, the reason I mentionned this problem is because
we had a full JNDI layer built into ADS, and we ditched it last year.
The problem was that it was not easy to ditch it cimpletely, as the
external interface was still JNDI, and I had to write the converters,
which was a PITA.

Now, considering what is doing UnboundId, ie a JNDI layer on top of
their API, at some point, we may need to design a SPI based on our
API. But again, everything will be buried in the code, and it's not a
big deal.

So +1 to keep Attribute.

PS : I will create a Wiki page where we will be able to define the API
and comment it, so that we can converge at some point.
--
Regards,
Cordialement,