directory-api mailing list archives

From Francois <fan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's start for real ?
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:24:11 GMT
On 27/11/2009 10:05, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Sure, as much as possible. This is why we picked LdapDn instead of DN,
> and such names. I just have an issue with Attribute, because if we
> want to write a wrapper around JNDI, it will end with ugly package
> bnames to be added in the code to avoid confusion between Attribute
> (jndi) and Attribute (API)...

I don't think we should sacrifice the general public API
cleanness/homogeneity for the specific JNDI wrapper case.

What we should be looking for is to have the best, cleanest LDAP API -
in the long term, it is the only one that matters.

And for the confusion, well I don't think
javax.naming.directory.Attribute brings much of it :)

--
Francois ARMAND
http://fanf42.blogspot.com