directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report for directmemory
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 08:06:51 GMT
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Raffaele P. Guidi
<raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greg, that was just a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic comment. Honestly not

hehehe...

> Is "not much happening here" a significant issue to report?

Actually... yes :-)  The Board looks at projects that have become
inactive and no plans for fixing that. When we see a project reports
"no activity" for several reports, then we start to ask questions.
This is one of the reasons that we've started to become pretty
hard-lined on projects reporting last-release-date,
last-committer-add-date, and last-pmc-add-date. Those are some easy,
key factors in the progress of a community.

There are a hojillion reasons for inactivity, so it becomes very
subjective. But the *reporting* is very helpful. The Board has a huge
depth of experience, and may be able to provide helpful tips for
projects that have become stuck. But we need to hear that. (Board
members sometimes perform their own reviews, but it is best to simply

HTH,
-g