directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report for directmemory
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:57:41 GMT
For your convenience:
Approved by

bd, bp, rf, gs

Text

Apache DirectMemory is an off-heap cache implementation for the JVM. It
features direct memory management (a-la BigMemory) to enable efficient
handling of a large number of java objects without affecting JVM garbage
collection performance.

* General Information
DirectMemory is being evaluated by project jackrabbit for integration of
off-heap memory into OAK.
New back-end implementation is being contributed by the members (thaks,
noctarius).

* Releases
No releases since last report. Corrections has been made to the last released
documentation

Comments

   cm: Fairly sparse report. When was the date of last PMC and/or
       committer addition?
   jj: The description of the project is longer than its report... :(
  rpg: @cm: - our last committer was added in november 2012 - last PMC
       report was sent in may @jj: nothing more happened since last
       report in may, but, yeah, project description is truly longish,
       I'll take care of shortening it