directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <noctar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New buffer backend
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:06:05 GMT
Am 17.07.2013 10:51, schrieb Tommaso Teofili:
> 2013/7/17 Christoph Engelbert <noctarius@apache.org>
>
>> Am 17.07.2013 09:23, schrieb Tommaso Teofili:
>>> Hi Cristoph,
>>>
>>> I had a second look and it looks ok from my side, just did you ever try
>> it
>>> within an OSGi environment? I think it'd be worth making sure it works
>>> there as we ship bundles.
>> Hi Tommaso
>>
>> I use OSGi a lot and most of the code is already classloader aware
>> (at least for all the internals) and since the buffer backend does
>> not handle serialization and deserialization it should be not a big
>> problem to make it eventually working in OSGi (I just had not a test
>> yet). The buffer api is already build as a bundle and I just need to
>> make minor adjustments - I think.
>>
> Ok, that's nice to hear, my doubt also comes from the fact that some jars
> are not OSGi ready and would need some hack to make the whole thing work (I
> am thinking especially to JNA).
>
> If you have time to make such tests than it'd be awesome, just to make sure
> we don't affect the whole cache usability (as directmemory-cache depends on
> the new backend).

We can make the dependency optional since the complete old backend
is still available and passes all the tests :-) Hope to get some
more time this weekend to finish some more things and a few OSGi
integration tests - for me OSGi compatibility is one of the most
important things. At least JNA should work in OSGi (not sure if this
was a special packaging but I made it working someday way back).