directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KryoSerializer
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 15:45:39 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Christoph Engelbert
<noctarius@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 01.11.2012 16:35, schrieb Tatu Saloranta:
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Christoph Engelbert
>> <noctarius@apache.org> wrote:

>>> This is only best practice for non concurrent access. The unittests
>>> are executed one by one so the implementation using one byte array
>>> is not a problem but this cannot be threadsafe.
>>>
>>> This applies to this one as well. Never use this implementation in
>>> concurrent environments :-)
>>> https://github.com/eishay/jvm-serializers/blob/kannan/tpc/src/serializers/Kryo.java
>> Correct. What I meant was it was right way to do it for the use case
>> in question. Which granted requires one to understand the use case...
>> I forgot that this particular test does not do multi-threaded
>> processing like others do.
>>
>> It actually is one of the things for jvm-serializers to consider;
>> efficient reuse techniques vary a lot between codecs.
>>
>> -+ Tatu +-
>
> I guess there's still the problem about the kryo instance itself. On
> googlecode it is marked that the kryo instance itself is not
> threadsafe. Anyone has some more informations about that? Tatu? :-)

No, I have only tried to use it without success once or twice, outside
of jvm-serializers.
My weapon of choice if Smile+Jakcson. :-D

But Kryo author (Nate something?) should know -- I can try to dig
contact info, point him to this mailing list.

-+ Tatu +-