directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <noctar...@apache.org>
Subject MemoryBuffer interface
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:18:49 GMT
Hey guys,

some time before I mentioned that it would be nice to have a real
buffer interface to against. The actual implementation only had
ByteBuffer when using non Unsafe MemoryAllocators.

I started to add a clean interface, derived from the nettys
ChannelBuffer, to be used as the main accesspoint to every memory
access no matter what the underlying access layer looks like.

At the moment I'm working against the GIT fork on GitHub and I'll
like to see your opinion and ideas about the MemoryBuffer interface
and the general idea.

The two important commits are:
https://github.com/noctarius/directmemory/commit/5b3cf11af0e71f5961b1bfcf69b10f3cb9388ff6
https://github.com/noctarius/directmemory/commit/05082a6aa2cac91bb2ab6e104837bb1431dae90d

Looking forward to your replies especially because I'm not yet sure
how the general way of new features is :-)

Cheers Chris