directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <noctar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lightning access with git - help
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 13:55:42 GMT

Am 13.10.2012 15:54, schrieb Olivier Lamy:

> Adding the svn upstream by hand? Or just working locally, exporting
> it as diff and apply it at some svn checkout? I don't like the idea
> of loosing the commit changesets.
> > No you won't !
> > You can commit locally then git svn dcommit. (each local git commit
> > will be a svn commit)
> > If you want to rebase content from svn use git svn rebase.
> > There is a bit of documentation here: http://git.apache.org

Ahhhh ok, that's what I was missing. So you configure the svn
upstream manually :-) Alright, fine. That's something I can live
with (at the moment ;-)).

Thanks Oliver for beating me the right way ;-)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5389 is a

Git, at
> least for

not as
perfect

> switch

I don't remember
how to

git beginner, I badly
free. check this link,

Raffaele P. Guidi <

experience of
GIT"... damn

"Raffaele P. Guidi" <

(I'm using it only) but
the full

"Min Zhou"

working with git, hope
> I can

of git-svn

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/images-git/7/78/Git-svn-cheatsheet.pdf

at 7:53 PM, Noctarius

same problems as
with SVN (or did

P. Guidi:
Yeah I'm addicted to got and can't
stand
anymore. Should we wait to learn from
maven
a vote about it right now?

Il giorno 06/ott/2012 13:11, "Min Zhou"
ha scritto:

> [...]
Raffaele,

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Raffaele P.
Guidi <
wrote:

Uhm, guys, I need a little git-svn help -
how do I

lightning it

git?

svn clone --stdlayout

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directmemory/lightning/trunk>

this operation would take quite a long time

And, as the maven project is doing the final
switch

don't you think we could follow up ourselves?

is cool :)

Thanks, Raffaele

PS: I received a delivery error writing to

directmemory-dev@directmemory.apache.org,
but I see

are going

to this address; is it normal?