directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <noctar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lightning access with git - help
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:55:27 GMT

Hey guys,

I like to start over the discussion of moving to Git, at least for
Lightning, not sure if a subproject can be moved to Git on it's own.

The way of cloning SVN to Git is a way but it's not as perfect as it
could to be.

The other possibility, Raffaele allready mentioned, is to switch
completely to Git with all of the DirectMemory codebase.

I would like to get your opinions in that.

Cheers Chris

Am 07.10.2012 16:14, schrieb Raffaele P. Guidi:
> Well I'm not a git beginner, rather I don't remember how to work with
> subversion
> Il giorno 07/ott/2012 15:01, "Min Zhou" <coderplay@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

>> Git Community Book is good for a git beginner, I badly
>> suggest you guys get a copy. It's free. check this link,
>> http://alx.github.com/gitbook/
>>

>> Regards,
>> Min
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Raffaele P. Guidi <
>> raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Uhm of course I meant "the full experience of GIT"... damn
android syntax
>>> corrector :-D
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>> Il giorno 06/ott/2012 14:21, "Raffaele P. Guidi" <
>>> raffaele.p.guidi@gmail.com>

>>> got

> +1 for working with Git :) I see the same problems as Raffaele, if
> you got into Git you never want to work with SVN (or did anyone of
> you experience with perforce? ;-)) anymore.
>
> Cheers Chris

I access

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directmemory/lightning/trunk>

> lightning