directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From "Raffaele P. Guidi" <raffaele.p.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional Serializer and raw Buffer access
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 13:02:41 GMT
Nice to hear back from you! Yes, I was thinking about creating a new memory
storage implementation using Unsafe (and I did it, recently) and also, as
DirectMemory relies heavily on serialization (and supports many of them,
protostuff, protobuf, msgpack and of course standard serialization), about
creating a simple embedded serializer leveraging the same techniques you
used (Unsafe and bytecode generation).
The idea with embedding is avoiding to serialize in a byte array and then
moving the byte array to off-heap memory (via Unsafe or ByteBuffers), and
serializing directly into a "managed" off-heap buffer, thus further
optimizing heap utilization (less GC).

What do you think about it? Does it make any sense to you?

Ciao,