directmemory-dev mailing list archives

From Noctarius ...@noctarius.com>
Subject Re: Additional Serializer and raw Buffer access
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 13:27:12 GMT
Hey Raffaele,

that's quite similar to what I did at work. We're developing Flash
online games and using a customized AMF serialization. To support
async writing of the clients event results I added serialization of
the components / entities to the players zone calculation and stored
the pre-serialized bytestream directly to the off-heap (using
direct-ring-cache implementation). When the client requests the
results (using long-polling) I just write the pre-serialized data to
the right position to deserialize it by standard ways on Flash side.

So yeah an seriliaztion to off-heap algorithm would be fine. You can
avoid using byte arrays and minimalize GC.

Cheers
Chris