devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Apache DeviceMap going to Attic
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 23:32:47 GMT
Just here for the list, I won't bother uploading the images to the VM or
elsewhere any more, but Maven based downloads of DeviceMap (data +
classifier client) saw an all time high of 289 downloads in August 2016.
Around twice highest numbers we saw in 2015 (around 160 combined) and last
month it was still higher than any month between graduation and 2015 with
212 downloads combined.
See for yourself if you want by logging into
https://repository.apache.org/#central-stat with a valid Apache committer
account.

That kind of demand and activity will likely continue regardless of
DeviceMap being archived. By offering a minimum documentation before the
plug is pulled, it makes it a bit easier for people to know where to get
it, but those who did so far will continue to do so at least for some time
or until appropriate Open Source replacements exist.

Cheers,
Werner