devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we make a "data" folder like the "eclipse" one at Sling?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 13:40:35 GMT
Bertrand/Radu,

Created a new thread because Sling is "closer to home" for both of you.

Based an an already existing release there's
http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/data/1.0.3/
an expansion of the *signed release archive*
http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.3.jar

Just like
http://apache.org/dist/sling/eclipse/1.1.0/

is the expansion of a *signed release archive*
-http://apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.1.0.zip

Each folder is an exact extraction, no modification or files removed.
All snapshot clients/consoles work against
http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/data/1.0.3/devicedata/ instead of the VM
already.

If nobody has a problem with this (more resiliant, also after DeviceMap may
be archived;-) approach similar to Sling's P2 repo, I'd be happy to release
at least data 1.0.4 and Java Client 1.2.0 based on the latest snapshots of
each.

It seems you cannot approve the .NET clients any more, so people will have
to build them from source or adjut the XML file (guess an updated README in
each project could help them)

I would not mind releasing the W3C DDR client (and examples) with the
manual steps involved if we can.

Werner