devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we make a "data" folder available similar to http://karaf.apache.org/manual/ ?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:12:31 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

Radu's exact words

>Just a FYI: the Sling example (http://apache.org/dist/sling/eclipse/1.1.0/) you're pointing
at with a not-working URL is
>actually the expansion of a *signed release archive* -
>http://apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.1.0.zip - and
>is there for convenience.

I don't care about the number or structure of XML files in either case,
fact is, the expansion of

http://apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.1.0.zip

into

http://apache.org/dist/sling/eclipse/1.1.0/

contains a number of XML files (as all P2 repositories do)

So does anybody see a reason why a signed release archive like

http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.3.jar
<https://www.apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.3.jar>   or
(if released) devicemap-data-1.0.4.jar (or ZIP)

could not be expanded into

http://apache.org/dist/devicemap
<https://www.apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.3.jar>/data/1.0.3,
http://apache.org/dist/devicemap
<https://www.apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.3.jar>/data/1.0.4

like you did for Sling?

The client software relies on this "convenience URL". Doing a last release
of data just for the sake of it would make no sense, so I want to make
sure, this can be done before considering any further release.

Werner

Ob Thu, 08 Sep 2016 09:26:55 GMT Bertrand wrote:

Hi Werner,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...If we did another release of DeviceMap data, could the same expansion of a
> signed release archive (like
> http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/devicemap-data-1.0.x.jar or
> devicemap-data-1.0.x.zip) also be done in either
> http://apache.org/dist/devicemap/data or a similar place for the same
> purpose?...

I'm not sure what you mean by this but anyway the first step in
releasing this data is as explained earlier in this thread.

-Bertrand