devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] Release DeviceMap-data and other dependencies (with connection URL etc. fixed)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 08:59:58 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Is the "exploded JAR" putting devicemap-data (in ways similar to
> http://www.apache.org/dist/karaf/documentation/cave/ which holds 3_x.html,
> 4_x.html, etc. for different versions) also OK...

I don't know what that means, please point to an svn tag indicating
exactly what you mean to release, or a tentative release archive.

> ...If not being able to vote on .NET means only Radu or myself could vote, I
> guess it won't get the minimum number of PMC votes and we may have to leave
> them as "Patch" in trunk then?...

The DeviceMap code remains fully available if the project moves to
Attic, it's just read only. If people want to use it they can, at
their own risk, it's just not an official Apache release.

> ...The W3C DDR API was officially released, but there is a license missing. Is
> it that what you mean or prevents a release?..

Similar to the "exploded jar" thing, I need to see the code that you
mean to release to decide.

-Bertrand