devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Software vs. Data
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2016 15:56:33 GMT
As mentioned earlier, Eclipse Foundation has at least one noteworthy "data"
project Babel.

Under http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/ everybody with an Eclipse account
(Bugzilla and Wiki as well as pretty much everything else works with a
single account now) can contribute translations:
https://babel.eclipse.org/babel/login.php

Whether or not an Eclipse Contributor Agreement is now required I can't say
for sure, but it worked well for over a decade now and  most of the time
you did not even have to sign anything. Babel is still "incubating" but it
has a purpose and therefore is quite unlikely to be archived.

Another project related to OMA-DM at Eclipse, Koneki was however archived
at least a year ago.
So "Device Management" and related aspects (a vast majorita of DeviceMap
DDR was also contributed via OMA and its members) seem to have a hard time
to find enough support not only at Apache ;-)

Werner