devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSE] Release DeviceMap-data and other dependencies (with connection URL etc. fixed)
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2016 18:25:09 GMT
Hi,

If all remaining PMC members are willing to support that, I prepared
everything to release

- devicemap-data 1.0.4 (in "explored archive" to the "dist" folder so all
clients are able to use it)

Followed by
- devicemap-java (client+console) 1.2.0
- devicemap-csharp 1.0.2 (with fixes e.g. README and the connection string
to URL)
- devicemap-vbnet 1.0.2 (with fixes e.g. README and the connection string
to URL)
- devicemap-simpleddr 1.1.0 It was always ready and most mature for the
last 4 years, but you know Reza's strange aversion kept it from being
released most of the time.
It is not directly affected by a particular version or URL of data, but
doing an official release here seems fair to all who want to use thel W3C
DDR compliant Java implementation

- dmap-java-examples 1.0.0 - All examples based on the Java Client
- dmap-ddr-examples 1.0.0 - Examples based on the W3C DDR Implementation.

I know it's quite a few artifacts, but based on what  e.g. Anatole learned
with Tamaya, I guess the Maven staging / release process should be doable.
The others (e.g. we could only  do data into a folder, too;-) are easier.
Vote/Review similar to what was already done for .NET clients, so it should
be even easier and I did it for the .NET clients already.

Regards,

Werner