devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Software vs. Data
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:18:43 GMT
Hi,

It's probably too late for DeviceMap, but at least I'm curious how a few
other projects that deal with "data" (in some form like XML, JSON, YAML,
etc.) not  just executable software could do that at Apache or if it's even
possible.

I mentioned Brooklyn once or twice because there could be synergies with
Tamaya, but aside from those I have the feeling its "blueprint" catalog
http://brooklyn.apache.org/learnmore/catalog/ is not so different than what
a DeviceMap DDR should or could have been.

*http://apache.org/dist/brooklyn/ <http://apache.org/dist/brooklyn/> *does
not seem to contain any of these blueprints.
Si I'd love to understand where the catalog actually sits and who is able
to add a new blueprint say "Wildfly 11 on Ubuntu" to that catalog and
whether it's only Apache (Brooklyn) Committers after having signed the ACA
who can do that or other people, too?

Thanks,

Werner