devicemap-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Werner Keil <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] Release DeviceMap-data and other dependencies (with connection URL etc. fixed)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 08:54:45 GMT

Thanks for the reply and offering to support a clean "legacy" release
people may use if there is no other Open Source alternative in this area.

Is the "exploded JAR" putting devicemap-data (in ways similar to which holds 3_x.html,
4_x.html, etc. for different versions) also OK and something you can
approve? I would do that as a first step.

If not being able to vote on .NET means only Radu or myself could vote, I
guess it won't get the minimum number of PMC votes and we may have to leave
them as "Patch" in trunk then?
The config XMLs there can be changed even at runtime, so e.g. a bit more
documentation on the website on how to change the URL might be enough.

The W3C DDR API was officially released, but there is a license missing. Is
it that what you mean or prevents a release?
I'd safe that effort then as well if no majority could be found. Everything
is in the Snapshot repo so people could retrieve it from there if they
want. The W3C DDR client always needs a separate download of Data, so it is
less affected by the problem in Client 1.1.0.

At the very least if you can support it plan to release Data 1.0.4
Java (Client+Console) 1.2.0 and Java Examples 1.0.0 to demonstrate e.g. the
Spring or Servlet examples now running in the VM. E.g. for Apache Pluto
with an "As is" state, these are also usable in the RI, so I am not the
only one who would appreciate if we could get this out.


On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 06:16:07 GMT, Bertrand wrote:


On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Werner Keil <> wrote:
> ...If all remaining PMC members are willing to support that, I prepared
> everything to release..

I'm not opposed to doing a last release before I leave this PMC (and
we probably close shop then).

Please prepare them so that we can vote on them in the usual way.

I cannot vote on csharp or vbnet releases however as I don't have
tools to test that code.

IIRC there was some code that depends on unreleased snapshots of a wc3
API, I'm not going to approve a release based on that if that's still
the case.


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message