devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Client and Examples/Console
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:12:28 GMT
Hi,

As discussed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-54 earlier
(mainly with Volkan, but Reza also did not generally oppose the idea of
splitting Client and Console) I started splitting the Java Client and
Console similar to all the .NET clients released a while ago.

In addition, I plan to fix the "wrong detection compared to UA" problems
around https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-117 (there may be a few
others considered "device data" by mistake) which will drastically improve
detection quality.

Hoping to release Java components and (afterwards) examples towards the end
of the year.
The W3C DDR implementation already got this kind of "patch on the fly", so
that should align results and show the OS (or similar attributes) as it's
really present on the actual device, not the factory default.

If you see any problems with the proposed solution or have questions,
please let me know (in urgent cases always directly CC, otherwise I should
see it in the archive later;-)

Regards,

Werner