devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DeviceMap C# client version 1.0.1
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:17:59 GMT
They were zipped from the local workspace. Both are are VS specfic and
unless present e.g. the .user file will be regenerated.
Similar to settings.xml for Maven, but Visual Studio can't do without them.
I put them to SVNignore, but especially for the auto-generated key (the
others are source in XML format anyway) I remember there was a situation
where it complained about the missing file. There's an
'Include="DeviceMapConsole_TemporaryKey.pfx"' statement in the .csproj file
under "App.config". The temporary key makes little sense unless you let
Visual Studio encrypt or sign stuff (AFAIK it is not compatible with our
signatures we use for ASC signing) but Visual Studio insists the file is
there.

Have to check if it works completely without those files, or they would be
recreated. With .csproj.user I know it would get regenerated, not entirely
sure about the temp signature, that may not happen unless you completely
re-create a project.

Do you see a problem with those (temporary or auto-generated) files or just
wanted to understand what they are for?

About the digest, I used this tool
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html. Allowing both generate and
verify these files. For SHA there are plenty stronger alternatives, but I
don't think it offers a stronger version than MH5 yet.
Nor does Maven by default, but if there's something that works easily
either on Windows or the personal Linux instance, I'm happy to use that for
further releases.

Thanks,
Werner