devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 is now alpha
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 13:09:19 GMT
> Do you think slightly enhancing that reference client so it can be used
as a barebones client is a bad idea?

I think thats a good idea. But the client would have to be copied into the
clients/2.0/java folder first before being worked on. Like I said, with
minimal work, this client can be turned into the official Java client. I
personally would prefer someone else to take the lead on the Java client,
so maybe Volkan or someone else can spearhead this task (obviously I will
and can assist). Whoever does this is free to write, restructure, and
evolve the client as they wish, as long as they adhere to the client
guidelines, which are a no brainer....

http://wiki.apache.org/devicemap/DataSpec2#Client

> It might be good to explain that in the module's README for others who might
be as lost as I was

Yes, I will definitely spend time soon beefing up the README.