devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject 2.0 is now alpha
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:13:40 GMT
I converted the 1.0 xml device data to 2.0 json. So given we now have a
reference client, reference domains, our device domain in 2.0, and
everything came together as designed, I think thats enough to say we have
an alpha release (pre beta). Beta and final release will be in the August
and September timeframe respectively.

*Reference client*:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/clients/2.0/reference/

This is pretty much done. I have a few small todos. Much simpler than the
1.0 client and performance is still top notch, if not better. Given that
all parsing and matching configuration is driven by the domain, 2.0 will be
a big step forward in simplicity, configuration, and performance.

*Reference domains*:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/data/2.0/reference/

There are 6 reference domains which hit on many aspects of the 2.0
specification. This is also pretty much done.

*Device domain* (aka device data):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/data/2.0/device/

I went ahead and did a straight conversion from XML to JSON. All 1309 unit
tests from 1.0 pass on 2.0. However, the data still contains browsers and
other rules which need to be moved into the OS and browser domains. Also,
the attribute spec needs to be implemented. So there will be several
iterations of refinement and enhancements here.

*Browser domain*:

This is a todo. Shooting to have this done by August/September. Will be
part of the 2.0 release.

*OS domain*:

This is a todo. Once again, completed by August/September. Will be part of
the 2.0 release.

*Java client*:

This can be ported from the reference client. No ETA. Volkan and other
volunteers can take lead on this.

*Javascript client*:

I will likely spearhead this if there are no volunteers. Shooting for a
September timeframe.

*C client*:

I will own this as well, however no ETA.