devicemap-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Partition agreement (was: FYI... 2.0 attribute spec changing)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 17:13:17 GMT
Werner, you are really pushing by buttons here.

Remember this email when I resigned from DeviceMap:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/devicemap-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAKuYhJsPzCQsS7YrEbsRtFDbGcDsC5zEozakQwJKrOcwZrnCow%40mail.gmail.com%3E

That agreement I keep on mentioning was the reason I decided to stay here
and work on 2.0.

Just a reminder that the agreement was that me and you would work on
different parts of this project and that we stay out of each others way. So
please do me a favor stop engaging on my work.

Im so very close to leaving this project and moving my work somewhere else
where I can work without your constant comments, interruptions, and
attacks. This has been going on for 2 years. You are like a never ending
nightmare...


On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess in that early stage it seems OK. Compared to a JSR it probably is
> no further than EDR stage right now.
>
> Where say you have a particular state of the data set and either Java or JS
> client, tagging them in a consistent way could make most sense. That was
> the main reason for any tags other than /release you'd find.
> Especially when there's something to demonstrate it is often a good idea.
>
>
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Reza Naghibi <reza@naghibi.com> wrote:
>
> > While your point is valid, it doesn't change the fact that a breaking
> > change is being introduced into the specification.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > That's why occasional snapshots would also be nice here, even if
> they're
> > > like javascript-client-2.0-alpha ;-)
> > >
> > > When ApacheCon is closer I'll have a look, but not yet.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Small chance... but just incase someone is working or looking at the
> > > > attribute spec, its going to change. Im currently putting together
> the
> > > > javascript client [1] and given that JSON is a first class citizen of
> > > > javascript, I want to make sure the JSON spec is perfect. Right now
> > > > attributes are this:
> > > >
> > > > "attributes": [ { Attribute }, { Attribute }, ... ]
> > > >
> > > > This will change to this:
> > > >
> > > > "attributes":
> > > >   {
> > > >     "patternId_1": { Attribute },
> > > >     "patternId_2": { Attribute },
> > > >     ...
> > > >   }
> > > >
> > > > This will much optimize the structure for javascript and likely other
> > > > clients.
> > > >
> > > > [1]
> > > >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/clients/2.0/javascript/
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message