devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Goodbye
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 03:26:55 GMT
I guess this is my Goodbye 2.0. After another rocky few weeks trying to get
DeviceMap 2.0 ready, its become clear that my time here has come to an end.
It seems like myself and other members of this project could never come to
a peaceful consensus on anything. I gave it my best for about 2 years, now
its time to move on. I know the timing isn't the best, we have a board
report due this week and 2.0 was actually pretty close to being done. But
it is what it is. Thru the ups and downs, I am thankful for my time here.

After sending this email, I will be relinquishing my duties at DeviceMap
and parting ways with the ASF. So please deactivate my account and make
arrangements for someone else to VP this project.

If you wish to contact me, please do so here: reza@naghibi.com

As for my work and the future, I have already begun a fork here:
http://textglass.org

TextGlass pretty much captures everything I wanted in 2.0, multi platform
generic clients and domains which define all classification logic.
Basically the groundwork for a true text classification ecosystem. Its
right now a rough demo, but the plan is to apply much polish and release
soon.

Everyone here has an open invitation to join me, so just shoot me an email.
Still a lot of work to be done.

Thanks and good luck!