devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN sandbox (was: Re: 2.0 is now alpha)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 07:27:42 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:
> .../release is only for released software which went thru the normal Apache
> releasing procedures....

Sounds like a good convention to me, though from the ASF's point of
view svn tags have no special meaning - it's the zip/tar archives that
we vote on that constitute releases.

> ... Im pretty certain that all of the tags and branches
> you have made in the last 2 years were done outside of releasing procedures...

Having svn tags that are unrelated to releases is fine. Unless we did
this already we might just define some "sacred" areas under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/ where people are not
supposed to create tags at will. And add a README right there that
explains that.

-Bertrand