devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 is now alpha
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:43:41 GMT
Hi Reza,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The reference client basically exists to validate, debug, and build domains
> and provide a guide to how a real client should be written. This client
> isnt really meant to be used directly by users. Its also meant to be
> written very cleanly (hopefully) and make minimal use of Java idioms and
> patterns. This is why I avoided maven and most 3rd party libs...

Ok, got it now, thanks!

It might be good to explain that in the module's README for others who
might be as lost as I was ;-)

Do you think slightly enhancing that reference client so it can be
used as a barebones client is a bad idea?

A basic Maven build that produces a runnable jar that's also an OSGi
bundle is simple to setup, and the tests can run as JUnit tests - but
maybe you prefer having that in a separate "basic 2.0 java client"?

As for a basic Java API, would a Map<Map> work?

deviceMap.get(String userAgent) returns a Map<String, String> of
device properties or null if not found.

-Bertrand