devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DeviceMap C# client version 1.0.1
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:27:01 GMT
As I did not get a reply, I can only reply to the comments I saw in the
archive later.

The deliverable was based exactly after what is here
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/devicemap/
For Java client or BrowserMap (which being JavaScript naturally comes with
its sources)
There may be a Maven src-jar, but it was not published by Reza under
/download before either.

>See http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html (which should have been
>understood while this project was in incubation but apparently that
>didn't work).
Looking at every file released so far, it seems so;-)
I simply followed the pattern of these files all released and confirmed by
some PMC members, at least the mininum was always reached.

>Could you add some detail to the "Build" part of the README and ideally a
>few words on how to test? It would make it easier to validate the release.
Andrew, can you elaborate a bit what you're missing?
"Build" is a headline for "Edit" below. Markdown style, even though we
don't use Git or Github.
If it's misleading, I'll scrap the header since "Edit" is right below it.

The console is the test. Maybe adding a sentence on which is the console,
although there is just a single EXE and for everyone who knows Windows at
least a bit they normally know how to run it.

I have not used any MD5 or SHA2 clients for Windows that would do the same
as with the PGP signature I provided. I may look around. So far that's a
Maven thing you get by the subsequent plugins, but Maven is not usable
here. I archive them with 7Zip and there is no option to create either
signature together with the archive.

Happy to hear what is know to work on Windows.
A separate devicemap-csharp-client-src archive should be no problem either.
It just wasn't provided in the "download" folders here before (not counting
the "data" archive either since that is the source, but the java client
came without source)

Werner