devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 reference client
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:30:09 GMT
As you seem to have listened to my voice of reason about not throwing all
proper conventions away e.g. keep established standandards like the W3C
Base Vocabulary intact regardless of the data format (XML or JSON, that's
all "2.0" is about, users will decide what they want to use) the JSON
format may be useful. That's all to embrace right now, and you're more than
welcome to contribute information to the slide deck about the entire
DeviceMap project in Budapest.
Where there are real examples running Java or .NET using the new JSON
format, happy to show them in addition to the existing (mostly Java, C# or
VB.NET) ones.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> wrote:
>
> > And speaking of disruption or how to avoid it. After numerous reminders,
> > Bertrand who normally doesn't feel responsible for such technicalities
> > helped switch the "devicemap data" build over to the new structure.
> > Not a single build job exists for "your" Java client nor any other part
> > that got a 1.x release already. That's quite a poor sign if you compare
> it
> > to now close to 100 jobs for DeltaSpike alone;-|
> >  If you have so much to say, why not finally tell infra to create one for
> > the new modularized structure. Others may do so for other modules, that
> was
> > the whole idea of restructuring it;-)
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Reza,
> > >
> > > Apache is based on contributions by a community, not a single "closet
> pet
> > > project". We discussed that a few times, and while the modularization
> > that
> > > happened was meant to allow paralll workstreams, it is neither "Reza's
> > pet
> > > project" nor (e.g. for Browsermap) "Radu's Pet Project" or anybody
> else's
> > > "personal pet project". THAT would be the only form of insanity and it
> > only
> > > comes from a single person here;-O
> > >
> > > Everyone has the right to contribute where they feel comfortable. While
> > > you may be among the few providing say C or C++ language support,
> you'll
> > > remember I made the .NET examples Eberhard started ages ago usable
> since
> > > had both the environment and decades of MS experience (longer than some
> > > here even know how to program;-) Same for any other demo case to show
> > > people what DeviceMap does or making them aware it even exists. "You
> > have a
> > > lot to say", except that important information keeping the project
> > alive;-)
> > > Nobody kept you from proposing a talk to ACNA this year, which was
> > > somewhere in the South, not that far from where you seem to be located.
> > > Maybe your employer or project situation did now allow that. Well,
> that's
> > > why others who can help with that. Like everyone else you are more than
> > > welcome to provide slides for ACE instead of shouting the same
> insanities
> > > and FUD over and over again, nobody needs to hear any more, especially
> > not
> > > people who could be interested to use or contribute to DeviceMap.
> > >
> > > If you need to close your code away and phrase agreements on where your
> > > code or data may be used, please feel free to apply for a job at
> > > ScientiaMobile or maybe others like DeviceAtlas. An Apache project is
> the
> > > wrong place for those kinds of restrictions or mindset.

IDEs

> > (if
> > it's
> few