devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data 2.0 gone?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:41:24 GMT
Bertrand/Stefan/all,

I guess technically either of you would be best to help or advise on what's
best here.
Apache guidelines: https://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html for
the "currently
active repository" (not sure, if 2.0 data even qualifies for "currently
active"?) require "lazy consensus", so unless you have another opinion,
trying to restore 2.0 data and then vote on what remaining PMC members want
do do about JSON/2.0 sounds best.

As for license of the JSON or other device data, I'm sure, Bertrand will be
of assistance, what Reza's fork needs to avoid trouble with Apache 2.0.
Especially 4. Redistribution. is clearly applicable, if any existing data
was used directly or as "derived work" which IMHO (not being Apache Legal
team though;-) a transfer of the XML files into JSON means.

WDYT?