devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data 2.0 gone?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:46:48 GMT
Btw. it's not just Data 2.0.

No clue what "a", "b", "c"... under
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/devicemap/trunk/data/2.0/reference/ are
supposed to mean, but they're all empty, too.
Anyway, unlike data this won't be missed for reasons mentioned enough, so
if recovered, it would belong to /whiteboard/<something> instead.

Even before this "scorched earth" tactic, I don't recall ever having seen
the translator between 1.0 and 2.0 files in the repository.
Whether it's 1.0 to 2.0 (XML to JSON) or both ways, there should be an
appropriate tool also as part of DeviceMap, so it can be done in a
sustainable way or even automated by Jenkins (like the ones we started
getting again now;-)

Eclipse has similar "bots" in the Babel project, so it's not the first
"data driven" OS project I participate in either.