devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN sandbox (was: Re: 2.0 is now alpha)
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 18:43:40 GMT
So based on Stefan's suggestion (and the way it's used by Sling)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/whiteboard/ would already be
there;-)

Sling also had "whiteboard" under /tags. Not all tags were put there btw,
so I am not sure, if we should rename or refactor those, but if we took
further inspiration from Sling, I'd say we could move some (especially
those under "devicemap" or "examples" to a new "whiteboard" sub-folder.

Except for those that are clear duplicates, just like other projects do I
would not delete them.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sling, where Bertrand is also actively involved has Hundreds of tags:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/tags/
> And while some make the impression of being regular releases, others like
>  healthcheck-before-SLING-2987/
> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/tags/healthcheck-before-SLING-2987/> does
> not sound anywhere near a release.
>
> We have a /whiteboard folder at DeviceMap, too btw. And in the Sling repo
> it seems that's used as a sandbox for more than just experimental new site
> research, see
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/whiteboard/README.txt?view=markup
> Is this something, we could use /whiteboard here, too?
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's not correct these
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/openddr/ were
>> syncing points when data was contributed based on regular OpenDDR releases
>> till they stopped doing that. The other "data" tags
>>
>>    - 1.0.0/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/1.0.0/>
>>    - devicemap-data-1.0.1/
>>    <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/devicemap-data-1.0.1/>
>>
>> seem redundant under
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/, because they
>> should be under /release already.
>>

>> Those for /examples (also something we did not release btw.;-) and /java
>> tags were to nail down a consistent state of a client version with the
>> demos working at that point.
>> The original ODDR contribution was always in /contrib, so /contrib
>> snapshot tags also refer to that. /data tags do to the /data repository and
>> known states to allow back-tracking what was contributed then.
>>
>> It's a common practice to tag a known state, some projects even let Maven
>> do this. So /tags is not just for official release tags.
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What exactly is this:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/devicemap/java/
>>>
>>> w3c-simple-ddr client was tagged 4 times from 1.0.0-RC1 to 1.1.0-RC1. Im
>>> almost certain there was no vote thread for any of these.
>>>
>>> Also, here we have actual ODDR releases:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/openddr/
>>>
>>> But im pretty sure these were never donated. Only 1 version of ODDR data
>>> and the w3c-simple-ddr client were donated.
>>>
>>> Where is the original ODDR contribution???
>>>
>>> Also, as far as I am aware, the only voted and released software is here:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/releases/
>>>
>>> So other than the missing original ODDR contribution, im not sure what
> [...]
JSON