devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN sandbox (was: Re: 2.0 is now alpha)
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 18:23:33 GMT
That's not correct these
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/openddr/ were syncing
points when data was contributed based on regular OpenDDR releases till
they stopped doing that. The other "data" tags

   - 1.0.0/ <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/1.0.0/>
   - devicemap-data-1.0.1/
   <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/devicemap-data-1.0.1/>

seem redundant under https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/tags/data/,
because they should be under /release already.

Those for /examples (also something we did not release btw.;-) and /java
tags were to nail down a consistent state of a client version with the
demos working at that point.
The original ODDR contribution was always in /contrib, so /contrib snapshot
tags also refer to that. /data tags do to the /data repository and known
states to allow back-tracking what was contributed then.

It's a common practice to tag a known state, some projects even let Maven
do this. So /tags is not just for official release tags.