devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Using W3C JAR in clients
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:18:14 GMT
Hi,

Stefan brushed the subject of "3 W3C implementations" in his earlier mail.
I replied then there was only one that works, and since the modularization
this PoC on top of Reza's Classifier
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/devicemap/trunk/clients/1.0/java_w3c_simple/
won't even work because it relies on a non-existing Maven artifact.

We carefully composed a NOTICE file like this one
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/clients/w3c-ddr/simpleddr/NOTICE
but with the separation (and partial roll-back of e.g. the POM in the 1.0
PoC) this notice is lost in the 1.0 codebase. As long as there's another
client using the same W3C DDR Simple API, shouldn't it be there as well, as
it relates to the W3C artifacts in general?

So I guess either place the note (and ideally point to a valid lib folder
or if you want to make it hard for people at least provide instructions
similar to what was explained in /contrib via Maven Install Local
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html) or if
this PoC is no longer seen viable (and unlikely portable to 2.0) consider
removing it.

Werner