devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 reference client
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:01:11 GMT
Reza,

Apache is based on contributions by a community, not a single "closet pet
project". We discussed that a few times, and while the modularization that
happened was meant to allow paralll workstreams, it is neither "Reza's pet
project" nor (e.g. for Browsermap) "Radu's Pet Project" or anybody else's
"personal pet project". THAT would be the only form of insanity and it only
comes from a single person here;-O

Everyone has the right to contribute where they feel comfortable. While you
may be among the few providing say C or C++ language support, you'll
remember I made the .NET examples Eberhard started ages ago usable since I
had both the environment and decades of MS experience (longer than some
here even know how to program;-) Same for any other demo case to show
people what DeviceMap does or making them aware it even exists. "You have a
lot to say", except that important information keeping the project alive;-)
Nobody kept you from proposing a talk to ACNA this year, which was
somewhere in the South, not that far from where you seem to be located.
Maybe your employer or project situation did now allow that. Well, that's
why others who can help with that. Like everyone else you are more than
welcome to provide slides for ACE instead of shouting the same insanities
and FUD over and over again, nobody needs to hear any more, especially not
people who could be interested to use or contribute to DeviceMap.

If you need to close your code away and phrase agreements on where your
code or data may be used, please feel free to apply for a job at
ScientiaMobile or maybe others like DeviceAtlas. An Apache project is the
wrong place for those kinds of restrictions or mindset.

Cheers,
Werner