devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Rename /clients/w3c-ddr to /clients/w3c?
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 19:28:04 GMT
All,

Would anybody object if the /clients/w3c-ddr and /examples/w3c-ddr folders
are renamed to /clients/w3c and /examples/w3c?

We could do a formal vote if that seems necessary, but after an initial
modularization and e.g. Reza's reply just earlier, it feels safe to assume
these 2 folders are of concern only to a few while a few others work in
different areas.

As mentioned, work in the Apache Portals project and JSR 362 EG brought up
CC/PP support because this (W3C) standard is already supported by the
Portlet standard since 2.0.
Just like DDR it is another W3C standard, so while adding an extra
/clients/w3c-ccpp folder was possible, I would prefer putting W3C projects
under a folder common to all of them.

As there are no Jenkins builds other than /data there should be no impact
on existing build scripts either.

WDYT?
Werner