devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for Papers: "ApacheCON: Core" in Budapest October 1-2 2015.
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:18:28 GMT
All,

Happy to announce, 3 sessions for ApacheCon Core Europe 2015 were confirmed
to be accepted, 2 I proposed, another one as co-speaker. Including
DeviceMap.
While SlideShare also contains last year's ACE slides, a more up to date
version was used at codemotion Rome this spring:
http://www.slideshare.net/keilw/apache-devicemap-codemotion-roma-2015

Have a look, and happy about proposals for additional or modified pages. I
don't insist on every DDR synonym image (at least one still can't hurt I
guess) nor on every page referring to WURFL, except maybe the
performance/memory benchmarks. Anybody who helps the "Classifer" clients
either for Java or .NET perform better or has collected proper benchmarks,
please share them. Both the WURFL version and W3C DDR client tested are a
bit older now, though DeviceMap SimpleDDR should still provide similar
figures (and the WURFL version used was the last Open Source snapshot
available, so there is no new data there to trust or verify)

The open DDR comparison https://github.com/samaxes/ddr-compare will also
work against the W3C DDR version (since most of the code use the org.w3c
API;-) and it would be interesting to see, if one major painpoint [Nokia
E52 (Opera Mobile)] has been resolved by now. Similar to e.g. 51DegreeMobi
proprietary API, a test against the Classifier client should be possible,
feel free to fork the test suite if you want.

I already did demos of the .NET clients in addition to both Java clients.
Probably going to add more live demos, e.g. the GWT one presented on slides
only or maybe AngularJS, let's see. Aside from that synergies with Apache
Pluto and JSR 362 where that JSR deals with device support in EDR1 was also
an option. The outlook already mentioned ideas for the JSON format. I don't
expect a running client or example by late September, at least based on the
repository right now. If real device data was available in the
new/additional format by then, I'd gladly include a demo of it, too.

Regards,
Werner