devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Volkan Yazıcı <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Polyglot JVM Clients
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:38:20 GMT
Hello,

One of the things I like most about Apache DeviceMap is its simple API:

*DeviceMapClient client = new DeviceMapClient(...);*
*Map<String, String> attributes = client.classify(userAgent);*

Simply intuitive. Given the fact that I really enjoy coding Scala in my
daily job, I do not think we need to have a particular support for any
other JVM languages except Java itself. That is, see the same code in Scala:

*val client = new DeviceMapClient(...)*
*val attributes = client.classify(userAgent)*

You know that it will 99% look the same in Groovy, Clojure, Kotlin, Ceylon,
etc. Hence, exposing and maintaining a separate code base for making no
functional revenue at all will be waste of resources, I believe.

Best.