devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clients
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:16:51 GMT
>> What's the problem with supporting older clients?

The problem is that the older clients are severely flawed. This even
includes the 1.x DeviceMap releases. They jumbled device, client, and
operating system detection into 1. So we have a mix of attributes, some of
which are correct, some are infereed, and some are completely wrong. So I
for one have no interest into supporting these clients. Any improvements or
new features should be put into the 2.0 clients.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org