devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Leaving DeviceMap
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:42:04 GMT
Hey, so this is notice that I will be leaving DeviceMap. I will be stepping
down from the PMC and will no longer continue my duties or contribute to
this project.

While there have been a few successful aspects during my time at DeviceMap,
as a whole, my experience here has not been good. The majority of my
problems stem from the constant arguing, unprofessionalism, and personal
attacks from my fellow PMC chair, Werner. Instead of focusing on writing
and releasing software, all my time and energy is spent on how to manage
Werner. This is not what I signed up for. Sorry to be so blunt here, but I
just want to make it clear as to why I am leaving.

I could stick around for another year or so and continue with the constant
arguments, possibly more waves of personal attacks, get into a version war
with the legacy ODDR client, and deal with the constant little reminders of
how ODDR client got everything right. All of this while trying to push
forward with 2.0. I simply choose to walk away.

As for 2.0, I highly encourage this project to pursue 2.0 and evolve, if
they wish. At some point in the future, I will likely branch and continue
my proposed 2.0 work under a different space, name, and version.

Thanks,
Reza Naghibi