devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clients
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:03:14 GMT
Hi Reza,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Reza Naghibi <rezan@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The other direction, which is the direction I supported, is moving away
> from all the above clients and starting fresh with a 2.0 framework of a
> client specification....

What's the problem if you (and whoever wants to join) start work on
that and others continue supporting "older" clients?

IMO both activities can very much happen in parallel, it's not
uncommon for Apache projects to have multiple somewhat independent
modules, each with their own release cycles.

As per the original charter of this project, what's most important IMO
is people agreeing to maintain a common device data set - the clients
might be just icing on the cake.

-Bertrand