devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clients
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:15:31 GMT
But you see this everywhere in Apache. Commons-Config, Tomcat or Logging:
http://logging.apache.org/

You'll see even "clones" for .NET called Log4Net, which I believe is far
more modeled after Log4J 1.x, And at least regarding critical bug fixes,
etc. Log4J is maintained and will be for decades to come. There are so many
projects that depend on it, that just becaue Log4J 2 exists doesn't make it
away or force every single Java app around the world to change it because
Log4J 1 has an End of Life (even the JDK doesn't, you just have to pay much
more to Oracle if you needed their help ;-D)

Werner