devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More Clients
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:23:28 GMT
Well I asked especially because the enum-driven approach you had at least
for DeviceType feels quite similar to Volkan's project he wrote for that
hackathon.

Essentially many of the types and ideas in
https://github.com/vy/what-is-my-user-agent/tree/master/src/main/java/com/vlkan/whatismyuseragent/devicemap
feel like a modernized but fairly similar approach to what the DeviceMap
DDR Builders do (and I trust neither of you 2 guys would get mad or turn
into "Hulk" just because I mentioned that;-D)

I'll follow up on the other thread especially with regards to Volkan's
suggestion for a user id, but what I can see there looks fairly promising.
Only runs in Java SE 8 btw. another thing e.g. Tamaya discusses. And for
future clients that may break with the existing 1.x data structure,
supporting only Java SE 8 (Lambdas,...) could be an option, too. Those who
need to use Java 6/7 would still safely find the 1.x branch for that, but
of course if both community demand and our resources permit we can still
support 2 JVM generations (as long as it didn't cause another "Religious"
feud;-O)

Werner