devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] svn layout
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:03:35 GMT
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > ...A good practice vor every Maven project unless they benefit from
> sharing a
> > parent POM (e.g. "examples") is to use an Apache-parent POM....
>
> Agreed, but each Java module can then decide to do that or not.
>
> If a module has no need for any of the ASF pre-defined things like
Checkstyle plugin, etc. sure, they may ignore it or define it from scratch.

> >... The only question is, does the clients/devicemap aim to have W3C
> compliant
> > modules or extensions...
>
> That's a question for later IMO.

Even if Reza or others did not currently spend an effort,
the /devicemap/java/classifier_w3c_simple/ should go "somewhere".
One option (for "dormant" code) would be /contrib/prototypes/

If it's actively maintained, then a proper location under the suggested
/clients folder should be found.

> > ...Thinking beyond other languages, could we call the clients/devicemap
> > clients/java, too?...
>
> Maybe...I suggest letting Reza decide this as he did the bulk of the
> work on that module.

On ../classifier yes, I don't insist on either name, but "java" simply
tells what's in it. Neither of the other language bindings or ports are any
more or less "devicemap" than the Java parts;-)

> -Bertrand

Werner